Friday, December 18, 2009

The Stug from Hell...and Other Things

John Mumby had mentioned "The Stug from Hell" in his comment to my previous blog post.  Surely such a nickname requires further explanation?

And there it is (above)....the "Stug from Hell".  This valiant vehicle received that nickname during an early playtest of a squad level WW2 game using FoB mechanics.  During the game, this Stug destroyed all the US armor on the table, moved from one end of the table to the other, destroyed US infantry units, destroyed some Greyhound armored cars...took some hits...shrugged them off...the US players commented that they couldn't "kill the Stug from Hell".   And now you know.....the rest of the story.

I need to get back to that squad level game.  It was a fun game, but I put it on the backburner to write FoBWW2.  If I worked on that game before doing FoBAncients, I'd probably get lynched.

I'm currently working away on my Austrian Napoleonic army.  I'll post some pictures as it nears completion.  In the meantime, here's a variety of different things....



German Regimental Command Stand



SS Infantry Battalion Command Stand



Work In Progress!  WW1 Russian Infantry Battalion

The Broncos play the Raiders this Sunday.  The Raiders are a shadow of their once proud organization...but I still hate 'em.  I hope the Broncos hang a whippin' on 'em.   Talk about dysfunctional - the Raiders have the first pick in the draft a couple of years ago and pick JaMarcus Russell for their QB of the future.  What a total bust.  He's now 3rd string and Charlie Frye (WHO???) is starting against the Broncos.  Blowing a pick like that and getting saddled with the #1 pick salary in a capped sport is the quick way to a decade of incompetence.   Way to go Raiders!  

No comments:

Post a Comment