Thursday, October 15, 2009

Interesting Tidbits

Found out that I share birth dates with some interesting military "personalities": John Hunt Morgan, John Bell Hood, Karl von Clausewitz. I guess I was destined to be interested in all things military.

On a gaming note - we're having a game Saturday. I haven't yet decided the period, but I'm leaning towards 1866 Austro-Prussian using Field of Battle. This will be the first game on my new terrain. I've used homemade hex terrain for years, and just got tired of the "hex-y" appearance and all the gaps. I still have to get all the terrain set up for the game. Photos of the game and terrain will follow. If there is interest, I'll document the terrain making process. On another note - the game will mark the debut of my initiative card holders, as well as a playtest of "Deck of Battle".

And just a reminder - the Broncos are 5-0. The Avalanche are in first place in their division. The Nuggets haven't lost a game yet (of course, their season hasn't started yet). Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. I am curious what are initiative card holders?

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Initiative card holders - I shall take some photos and post regarding their creation and function!

    ReplyDelete